Statement of Faith
Eternal Word Fellowship Church is committed to the Word of God.
As such, we hold core beliefs that are plainly found in Scripture.
Eternal Word Fellowship Church believes:
- there is one God, who is eternally existent in three distinct persons: God the Father, who is the creator and sustainer of all life; Jesus, the Son of God, whose substitutionary death and subsequent resurrection paid the price for the salvation of mankind; and The Holy Ghost (or “Holy Spirit”), who is the active agent in this present world, keeping the believer and convicting the sinner
- in salvation by grace, through faith, based not on the works of men but on the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross
- in baptism in water by immersion, after salvation, as a public sign of identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ
- in the baptism and indwelling of the Holy Ghost as two separate and distinct acts: spiritual baptism being the method whereby the Holy Spirit signifies our adoption into the body of Christ; and indwelling being the method whereby the Holy Ghost fills and lives within the believer, empowering him to live his life as a witness for the Lord
- in speaking in other and unknown tongues as the Spirit of God gives the utterance
- in the laying on of hands for healing, blessing, spiritual impartation, and consecration to ministry
- in spiritual gifts exercised in love
- in the five-fold ministry (apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers) as ministry gifts that are needed for the wholeness of the body of Christ and that operate in the church today
- in the Bible as the infallible word of God given through inspiration of God to the writers, being available in this time for instruction in righteousness and doctrine
- in the second coming of Jesus Christ, the resurrection of the dead, the rapture of the church, tribulation, and judgments
- in the physical and supernatural existence of both heaven and hell, heaven being the dwelling place of God, the host of angels, and all that belong to God and the birthplace of the New Jerusalem; and hell, being a place created by God for the devil and his demons, containing the lake of fire, which will be the eternal home of all those who reject Christ